Effective Date: 10/01/2019
The Services are not intended for use in the event of an emergency or other urgent situations. If you believe you may have a medical emergency, call 911 or your local emergency medical system immediately.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register for an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a survey, contest, promotion or event, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Account Information
When you register for an account on the Services, you will need to provide us with certain personal information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include your name, email address, username, password, and phone number. We also collect other information you provide as part of registration process and the administration and personalization of your user experience.
- Health Information
We may collect health information provided by you or generated through your use of the Services. This includes details of your interactions with participating providers and their responses, suggestions, and guidance, and use of our digital services.
- Transaction Information
We may collect and store information about the products you purchase and shipping and billing information. We may also collect limited payment information from you, such as payment method and payment card information; however, we do not store full payment card numbers and our third party payment processor processes all transactions.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services, the types of information we may automatically collect about you include:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of, and interaction with the Services. For example, we may collect information about how you communicate with other users, including their names, the content you create and share, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Log Information: When you access or use the Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies: We and our service providers use various tracking technologies, including cookies, to collect information about you when you interact with our Services, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may receive information from other sources, which may include information about you. For example, we may receive notes from your health care providers regarding their interaction with you during a Telemedicine Consultation.
Use of Information
We may use your information for various purposes related to our operations and your use of the Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services and provide you with relevant information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Tara and others;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- When you participate in the interactive areas of the Services, certain information that you provide may be displayed to your health care providers, such as your name, content, health information and other information you choose to provide;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform the Services on our behalf;
- With third party businesses to provide you with information about products and services that may be useful to you;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business, other change of control transaction or financing;
- Between and among Tara and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, the Services do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, the Services will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
We employ reasonable security measures designed to safeguard and protect personal information under our control from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Despite these measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via the Service by Internet or email cannot be guaranteed. At your discretion, you may contact us at the mailing address or telephone number listed at the end of this document.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may offer you the opportunity to access third-party content, services, or products by linking to a third-party’s website. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third-party’s website. We do not exercise control over third-party websites and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of third-party websites before providing your Personal Information to them. The fact that we may link to a third-party website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement from a third party is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of any affiliation by us with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices.
Notice to International Users
The Services are hosted in the United States and are subject to U.S. law. If you are accessing the Services from outside the United States, please be advised that U.S. law may not offer the same privacy protections as the laws of your jurisdiction. By accessing and using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your Personal Information in the United States.
Reviewing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You may access, correct, and/or request deletion of certain information that you have provided to us by contacting us through the Services, or by emailing us at [email protected] If you email us, for your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will attempt to comply with any reasonable requests for accessing, correcting, or deleting your information.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Children’s Privacy/Notice for Minors
We take seriously our obligations under applicable laws concerning the collection of information from children under 13. Our services are neither intended for nor directed at children under 13. If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
Additionally, if you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. If you would like to request removal of content or information, please contact us at [email protected] Please note that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the Services.