New York ADHD Doctor
Get the care you need for your ADHD by one of our New York City, New York doctors/providers. 100% online.
Connect with an ADHD Doctor in New York Online
in 2023, more and more medical conditions can be managed online. One main issue we can help with is ADHD medication. If you feel like you may suffer from ADHD, reach out to us. Our program is 100% online and offer same day meetings and medication.
New York City, New York ADHD Doctor Near You
At Recovery Delivered, we believe everyone deserves easy access to proper treatment. For this reason, our online ADHD clinic in NY partners with various pharmacies to provide patients with quality care. Together, we can help individuals suffering from ADHD symptoms improve their functional performance.
What Is ADHD?
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a brain condition that causes unusual hyperactivity and impulsiveness levels. Over 6 million children have been diagnosed with ADHD, making it one of the most common mental conditions that affect kids.
In most cases, childhood diagnoses last into adulthood. If left untreated, it can become a chronic and debilitating ailment that impacts many aspects of a person’s life.
Naturally, children will sometimes have trouble focusing and sitting still. However, kids with ADHD are not likely to grow out of these behaviors. The symptoms — which may be severe — might become apparent at home, in school, or in other social settings.
The condition primarily brings about signs related to inattention, hyperactivity, or a combination of the two. We’ve listed some of the most common ADHD indicators below.
Signs of ADHD in Children
- Trouble focusing on activities, leading to frequent daydreaming
- Low attention span in school or social settings
- Frequently forgets or loses things
- Constantly needs to move around
- Excessive talking
- Takes unnecessary risks
- Finds it hard to resist temptation
Signs of ADHD in Teenagers
- Difficulty focusing at school or work
- Makes careless mistakes
- Trouble finishing tasks, particularly homework and chores
- Constant fidgeting
- Excessive physical movements
- Increased conflict with people around them
- Easily gets frustrated or emotional
Signs of ADHD in Adults
- Trouble meeting deadlines at work or school
- Self-esteem issues
- Lacks attention to detail
- Constantly speaks out of turn
- Substance misuse problems, particularly with alcohol
- Relationship problems with partners, family, and friends
- Frequent accidents
If you see these symptoms in children, teens, and adults, see a New York DHD doctor as soon as possible.
Today, experts classify ADHD into three types: predominantly inattentive, predominantly hyperactive-impulsive, or combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive.
- Predominantly inattentive: As the name suggests, people with this ADHD type find it extremely hard to focus, finish tasks, and follow instructions.
- Predominantly hyperactive-impulsive: Individuals with this ADHD type exhibit signs like fidgeting, non-stop talking, and interrupting people.
- Combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive: With this ADHD type, people display hyperactive-impulsive and impulsive behaviors. Symptoms may include the inability to pay attention and above-average energy levels.
If you feel like you or anyone you know has ADHD, consult an ADHD psychiatrist New York residents trust.
ADHD Treatment Options in New York
There are no one-size-fits-all solutions for addressing ADHD symptoms. For this reason, a reliable ADHD therapist in New York can work with patients to create custom treatment plans. However, most specialists will recommend a combination of medications and therapies.
Below are medication options for treating ADHD.
Central Nervous System Stimulants
Central nervous system (CNS) stimulants are the most common medications NYC ADHD specialists prescribe. They work by boosting dopamine and norepinephrine levels in the brain. Typically, these stimulants cause a calming effect in patients, helping them reduce hyperactivity and improve their attention span.
Adderall, Dexedrine, Desoxyn, Focalin, and Concerta are some of the most common stimulants for ADHD.
If stimulants don’t work or cause powerful side effects, a trustworthy ADHD coach in New York may prescribe nonstimulant medications. These medications increase norepinephrine levels in the brain, helping boost attention and memory. Strattera, Pamelor, Intuniv, and Kapvay fall under this category.
A New York ADHD doctor may also recommend therapies to better manage symptoms. Let’s look at some of the most common ones below.
Psychotherapy can work wonders for ADHD. Apart from helping patients manage symptoms, this treatment type also helps them cope emotionally with the brain condition.
In adults, an experienced ADHD psychiatrist in New York can even help develop time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
Behavior therapy teaches a patient to monitor their behaviors and adjust them appropriately. For example, specialists may recommend a token reward system to encourage positive behaviors.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) offers short-term psychotherapy for ADHD patients. Ultimately, the goal is to transform negative thinking patterns into positive ones. Note that there are specific types of (CBT) designed for ADHD.
Trust Recovery Delivered for Your NYC ADHD Medication Needs
Recovery Delivered is an online suboxone treatment platform designed for maximum convenience and affordability. For as little as $99 per month, you gain access to same-day appointments and scripts for online opioid treatment with licensed providers.
Here’s how you can get your medication:
- Download the app: Get the Recovery Delivered app from App Store or Google Play.
- Complete the onboarding process: Before getting your medication, the system will ask you to provide the necessary documents. The list includes your medical history and updated treatment forms.
- Schedule your first visit: The onboarding team will send a link for you to meet with an ADHD therapist in New York. In most cases, you will get it on the same day you pass your documents.
- Meet with a licensed provider: Use your app to complete your visit.
- Pick up your medications: After your online appointment, we will send your script to your pharmacy of choice. You can get your medicine on the same day.
Our team is here to help you get your medication as quickly and conveniently as possible. Please call (866) 757-9868 for any questions.